Hormonal changes in the body can cause acne, affecting people of all ages, which can be frustrating and persistent skin conditions. Acne-prone skin issues often result from excess oil production, inflammation, clogged pores, acne-causing bacteria, food habits, and inflammation.
In this blog, you will learn steps to build an effective skincare routine to manage and prevent breakouts. You will learn essential skincare routines for acne-prone skin, which will help to achieve clear and healthy skin.
To manage acne, it is essential to maintain a skincare routine:
A well-adapted skincare routine can help minimize the appearance of the existing acne and prevent new ones. A consistent skincare routine will help to control Acne and oil production and help to reduce breakouts. It is important to remember that results may take time and must be consistent in your skincare routine.
Skincare Daily Routine for Acne-Prone Skin:
Know Your Skin Type:
Understanding skin type before adopting a skincare routine for Acne skin is important. While it is true that access production of sebum will lead to oily skin and acne, acne can develop in all skin types, from oily to dry or combination skin. To understand your skin type will help you to select the right products.
- A proper selection of cleansing products is the foundation of any skincare routine.
- Use Lely’s Acne Squash wash twice daily, morning and evening, to remove excess oil, dirt, and makeup.
- Avoid harsh chemical cleansers, scrubs, or facewash, which can irritate the skin and worsen acne.
- Gently massage the face wash onto your face in circular motions, then rinse with water.
- Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and unclogged pores, which is essential to prevent breakouts.
- Be careful not to over-exfoliate, as it will strip the skin of natural oils and worsen acne.
- Use a Lely’s Coffee Scrub with ingredients like Coffee Powder and Walnut Shell Particles 2-3 times a week.
- Start with a lower dose and gradually increase it once your skin becomes more tolerant to coffee scrub.
- To help control acne effectively, incorporate Lely’s Acne Sensor Gel into your routine along with Acne Face Wash.
- Acne Sensor Gel contains ingredients like Niacinamide, salicylic acid, micro-incapsulated salicylic acid, and Aloe Vera.
- These ingredients help fight acne-causing bacteria, unclog pores, and reduce inflammation.
- Apply Acne Gel directly to affected areas at night before going to bed.
- Moisturizing is essential even if you have Oily skin to help maintain skin hydration and prevent excessive dryness, which can increase oil production.
- A well-hydrated skin will help regulate oil production and prevent excess sebum, which can contribute to acne.
- Try Lelys Hydra Facial Moisturiser, which is meant for oil skin with the ingredient Hyaluronic Acid to Increase Skin Moisture.
- Use twice a day after face wash to moisturize the skin.
- Sunscreen is crucial to protect your skin, especially acne-prone skin, which is more sensitive to sun UV rays.
- Choose a Lely’s broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 50. Apply sunscreen every day in the morning, even if it is a cloudy day.
- Sunscreen will help to prevent further damage and pigmentation caused due to acne.
Be Mindful of Makeup:
- If you want to wear makeup, choose products labeled as non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores.
- The key is selecting makeup products that don’t cause acne and are good for sensitive skin.
- Always remove makeup before bedtime, consistently following your cleansing routine.
Consistency is Key:
- Developing a skincare routine and consistency for acne-oily skin takes time and dedication.
- Result may take time, even several weeks, to see significant results.
- Sticking to the routine and avoiding disappointment even if you get occasional breakouts as they are normal is advisable.
- Do not touch your face if you are suffering from acne.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Touching your face can transfer dirt and bacteria, worsening acne and creating new acne.
- Avoid picking or popping pimples, as this can lead to scarring and irritation.
- Try to maintain a balanced diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Meditation or yoga can help you manage stress.
- Relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation will help you in managing stress.
- Take adequate sleep for 7 to 9 hrs to help support skin repair and rejuvenation.
Common Mistakes to Avoid:
- Do not over-clean or use harsh chemical products that will strip the skin of natural oils.
- Picking or squeezing acne will cause scares and increase.
- Use products consistently and avoid frequently switching skincare products.
- Sunscreen is necessary for acne and oily skin. Do not Neglect sun protection.
Tips for Consistency and Patience:
- Begin with a simple routine and gradually introduce new products to your skin.
- Be patient; results may take weeks to months to become noticeable.
Creating a daily skincare routine for acne-oily skin takes time, effort, and correct product use. You will successfully control and prevent breakouts by following the above steps and sticking to your daily regimen. Remember to carefully choose your skin care products and adopt them daily for healthy, clean skin.