Is your skin shiny all of the time? Do your hands leave a sparkling sheen on your fingertips when you dab them on your nose or cheeks first thing in the morning? If you answered yes, your skin is either oily or oily-prone. To function properly your skin needs natural lubrication and moisture, and too much can cause enlarged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
When it comes to oily, acne-prone skin it is critical to use the right skincare products to prevent and treat breakouts in every form, whether they appear between shoulder blades or across the T-zone.
What Causes Oily Skin?
Sebaceous glands in the skin generate and secrete sebum, a complex oil composed of waxy lipids, fatty acids, triglycerides, and cholesterol. When this process runs effectively, it aids your body’s removal of dead cells from the surface and other contaminants from the pores.
However, if sebum is produced in excess sebaceous glands are overworked, oily skin and clogged pores result. Oily skin is caused by your skin producing more oil than other types of skin.
Oily skin produces excessive sebum, which clogs pores and may lead to acne. A strict oily skincare routine would help to keep the oily appearance under control and leave your skin looking and feeling beautiful
Beauty Tips for Oily Skin Care
Your skincare routine is the key to having balanced skin. It doesn’t matter how much makeup you wear; if your skincare routine isn’t in order, your skin will always look oily.
Here’s how to start a skincare routine that will help you control your oily skin.
- Best Cleanser for Oily Skin
- Begin your morning with a skincare routine and end your day with a gentle water-based cleanser that gently cleanses debris and pollutants without blocking your pores.
- Because oily skin is more prone to acne and outbreaks, a cleanser that contains Salicylic Acid is the best cleanser for oily skin.
- It’s a super-effective BHA that exfoliates the skin’s surface and enters the pores to remove all debris and oil build-up.
- Furthermore, Lely’s gentle face wash infused with Tea Tree Oil and Salicylic Acid will help oily skin.
- Best Exfoliator for Oily Skin
- However, using Lely’s Coffee Scrub gentle exfoliant at least twice a week, in addition to cleansing, is essential.
- The finest oily skin scrub eliminates dead skin, lowers excess oil production, and avoids pore-clogging, which causes breakouts.
- Particularly the nose and chin areas which are prone to whiteheads and blackheads.
- Use Scrub to face with a gentle and delicate motion.
- Try a serum
- Using the correct serum might help you target any problematic areas.
- There are a variety of serums available to address your skin troubles.
- The Niacinamide serum is designed to help with oily skin with congestion and blemishes, which are frequent problems.
- It also helps to regulate oily skin, preventing breakouts and excess oil.
- You could also use a serum containing hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a hydrating and moisturizing substance that gives you plumper, bouncy skin.
It is understood that adding extra moisture to oily skin may sound counter-intuitive, but if you don’t provide enough moisture to your skin, it will manufacture more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture.
- Toner for Oily Skin
The finest toner for oily skin prepares your skin to absorb more active ingredients from the products you apply afterward; it also minimizes the appearance of pores and refines the texture of your skin, keeping oiliness at bay.
Use a toner after cleansing and before moisturizing. Irrespective of the skin type, dehydrated skin often appears unhealthy and dull. Toners can help replenish it. Alcohol-free toners are recommended to hydrate oily skin and to slow down aging.
- Don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
Contrary to popular belief, sunscreen use is an important aspect of a daytime skincare routine. Try Lely’s All in One Multifunctioning Face Cream, which has SPF 25, moisturizing benefits, anti-aging properties, and makes skin flawless by reducing skin pigmentation and providing a concealing effect.
No matter how troublesome or irritating your skin is, especially oily, you must protect it! If you have oily skin, maintaining a regular skincare regimen is the best method to decrease breakouts and control shininess. If you want to take a break once in a while, you can always acquire specific oily skincare treatments at home.
Oily skin can be controlled and kept clear and healthy by using the correct products, wearing sunscreen, using blotting papers, and washing your face after exercise.