What are Cracked Heels?
Our feet are responsible for holding our body weight therefore and they bear an incredible amount of weight that is when pressure and weight are applied to the skin of the heels to expands out.
If our feet skin is dry it becomes rigid and has less elasticity therefore they are more prone to cracked heels. The sebaceous gland that is Oil gland is not present insole of the feet.
So in winter when the humidity level in airdrops, moisture from the skin also dries out by giving dry skin and cracked feet.
What are the reasons for cracked heels?
There are many reasons why people get cracked heels which are also known as Heel fissures.
- Cooled dry winter air is the main reason for the cracked heels.
- The most common cause for dry cracked heels, which includes:
– Medical conditions such as Diabetes, Eczema, Obesity, Hypothyroidism, Infections such as Athlete’s foot, Flat feet, standing for a longer period, and poorly fitting shoes or chapels.
The Truth About Dry Cracked Heels:
- Cracked heels are always unappealing, and it makes it harder for you to walk around in chappal, sandals and if it is severely cracked it becomes painful in shoes as well.
- Not only do they look bad, but they also tear socks, stockings and even wear out your shoes.
How to prevent cracked heels:
- To retain moisture in the skin you have to take moisturizing treatment in the form of cream, lotion, and ointments.
- This will help your skin from cracking and drying out.
- Using Lely’s Replenishes moisturizing cream will help to smoothen the cracked skin.
Why Replenishes moisturizing cream?
- Replenishes moisturizing cream leaves your skin smooth and nourished all day.
- It helps to prevent or treat rough, dry, itchy, and scaly skin.
- It also helps in your dry cracked heels by smoothing out the skin.
- The non-greasy formula of moisturizing cream will help to absorb easily into the skin.
- Which will help to revitalize your dry and cracked skin.
- The moisturizing skin care cream by Lely’s is specially designed to treat your dry cracked skin.
- This cream is infused with Glycerin, Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E to lock in moisture by hydrating skin.
Benefits of Replenish Skin Care Moisturizing Cream:
- Vitamin E and Glycerin present in the moisturizing cream will help your skin be hydrated.
- As we all are well aware of vitamin E will help to nourish and revitalize your skin.
- And on the other hand, glycerin attracts moisture which will help you to keep your skin soft.
- Lecithin present in the cream will make your skin feel smooth by preventing moisture loss.
- The combination of Aloe Vera and Glycerin will help your cracked heel by locking in moisture to soften them.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to nourish and protect your skin from further cracks in your heels.
- A Combination of glycerin, Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E will help to heal dry and cracked skin.
Why do you sleep with socks on?
- After applying moisturizing cream to your cracked heels, you must wear 100 percent cotton socks to bed.
- This will help to improve cracked heels by keeping moisture in. Wearing cotton socks at night will keep your feet warm for better blood circulation.
- After applying cream to your cracked heel and wearing cotton socks at bedtime will prevent bed sheets from staining and keep the moisture in.
Gently rub your cracked heel with a pumice stone
- Gently rubbing pumice stone to your cracked heel will help to remove dead skin.
- Your cracked heel skin needs to be exfoliated, therefore rubbing pumice stone will remove the outer layer of dry dead skin and calluses.
- People with Peripheral neuropathy and Diabetes should not use pumice stones instead they must consult a podiatrist or dermatologist.
Can Use a liquid bandage:
- Liquid bandage is available in Gel, spray bandages, or Liquid, which can help cover up your cracked heel skin.
- These might provide a protective layer over the crack heel, helps to reduce pain, aid faster healing, and it will protect your skin by stopping dirt and germs from entering the cracks.
If self-treatment does not improve your cracked heel, you should see a podiatrist or dermatologist. A doctor may prescribe you a strong softening medicated cream or an antibiotic if there is a severe infection. You can try to use Gel shoe inserts, Gel heel pads, or heel cups to protect your heels from cracks.