Daily Skincare Routine: The Secret to Healthy Skin
The concept of having a daily skin care routine is as essential as it is to have a balanced diet. Just like we take care of our body, it is crucial to take care of our skin because it’s the largest as well as the most exposed (to pollution and sun rays) organ of the human body.
Before we learn how to achieve healthy skin, let us first understand what healthy skin means. People often seek glowy or fair skin when it comes to skincare, but glowy or plumpy skin does not always imply healthy skin. Instead, healthy skin is smooth, free from dryness, flakiness, excess moisture, wrinkles or breaks on the skin surface.
Achieving healthy skin is one of the most important things you can do to feel better about yourself. It’s essential to follow a strict face care routine often in order to keep your skin healthy and beautiful. You certainly don’t want those wrinkles to appear or for your face to be dull. The good news is that it isn’t hard to find a set of products at Lely’s that will help you get the results you want. All you have to do is follow the perfect skin care routine steps –
Morning Skin Care Routine
Waking up in the morning is dreadful. So, add a whole skin care routine to your list of things to do before you have to rush out the door. However, one crucial thing to remember is that a daily skin care routine is not a luxury; it’s necessary. So, here are five skin care steps you need to follow every morning rigorously:
1) Cleanse Your Face- You should first do this after you wake up to go straight to the bathroom and wash your face with warm water. Next, use a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your skin of oil or cause irritation. Then, you can exfoliate once a week.
2) Soothing Eye Cream – Add an eye cream to your morning skincare routine if you have time – make sure it contains hyaluronic acid to keep your under eyes hydrated all day long.
3) Don’t Forget the Face Serum – Use Anti-Ageing or Retinol serum for an extra boost of hydration and anti-ageing protection.
4) Moisturise Your Skin – Always moisturise in the morning! This will help protect your skin against environmental aggressors throughout the day.
5) Apply Sunscreen – Follow up with a sunscreen that contains antioxidants. If you’re not going to be outside much that day, use a moisturiser without SPF because it will be heavier and better for your skin.
Night Skin Care Routine
The importance of following a proper night face routine cannot be overlooked. At night, our body cells are more active. Hence, they are very receptive to all applications that we put on our faces during this time.
The best thing about a night face care routine is that we can give our face all the attention it deserves without worrying about doing anything else constantly throughout the day.
1) Remove Makeup – This step consists of deep cleansing with micellar water and a mild facewash. Cleansing wipes are neither enough to remove makeup nor to cleanse the skin. Do this double cleansing process to ensure your eye, lips, and face makeup is washed thoroughly.
2) Repair the Skin – Apply eye cream, followed by a toner to close the pores. Toners are critical as they remove any residue left behind by cleansers and makeup removers, ensuring that your skin receives full benefit from the serum or moisturiser you apply next.
3) Apply Serum – A serum is essentially concentrated liquid nutrition. Applied right before moisturising, serums can penetrate deeper into the skin than other products. They feed the skin with essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C and Vitamin A, which help repair damaged skin and reduce issues like redness and hyperpigmentation.
Serums are also packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals caused by pollution or stress, helping you maintain a youthful appearance. And because they’re applied after cleansing, serums can directly target trouble areas like acne or wrinkles.
4) Replenish Skin Moisture – The most crucial step of a nighttime skincare routine is to replenish the moisture lost during the day, as lack of hydration leads to skin ageing. This can be best achieved by applying a moisturiser, preferably containing hyaluronic acid.
To keep your skin moisturised, make sure you use a night cream as well. It will hydrate your skin and help lock in all the moisture. You can also use it to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes.
If you follow a healthy skin care routine order morning and night, your skin can benefit tremendously. Your skin will be glowing, fresh and youthful without the help of expensive cosmetic procedures or costly ingredients. Apart from following the best skin care routine, there are so many things one must do to make sure that the skin is in great shape – Sleep, exercise, eat right. All of these can help you achieve healthy-looking skin.