Acnes master the art of appearing at the wrongest of times, as if they have a personal problem with our important occasions.
Although, what’s acne? Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become clogged with oil, bacteria and dead skin cells. It causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne is estimated to affect 9.4% of the global population, making it the eighth-most prevalent condition worldwide. While acne doesn’t pose a serious risk to your overall health, it can still be painful, particularly if you have severe acne. Some types of acne go away easily and in a short span of time but some are just persistent and require attention. It is not a dangerous condition, but it can leave skin scars if not treated properly. Every person has a different skin type and a combination of different ingredients can do wonders for all of us.
Most common reasons for acne breakouts
- Hormones– hormones increase oil production which clogs the hair follicles, resulting in the growth of zit-causing bacteria.
- Diet– The relation between diet and acne is not directly proven but diet does play a role in your overall face looks. A low-on oil diet with more green vegetables can help minimize the effects while junk food on the other hand can cause major acne.
- Heavy makeup – Some makeup products have heavy chemicals in them and are not skin-friendly in the long term. Cakey makeup can suffocate the skin by plugging the pores. The situation gets even worse when you try to cover that acne with more makeup.
- Stress – stress causes acne, acne causes stress and it goes on! Your skin produces stress hormones which can increase oil production leading to clogged pores.
Uncommon reasons causing acne and oily skin
- Dirty tech, dirty pillowcase– Throughout the day, your phone gets exposed to several types of bacteria, and when you talk on the phone, you put this bacteria straight on your face. We generally don’t wash our pillowcases often, which can lead to bacterial formation.
- Facial hair removal– as mentioned above, acne is directly connected to hair follicles. If you use the wrong products before and after facial hair removal, it can end up forming zits on your dear face.
Some clinically backed, Dermatologically tested and suggested remedies by Lely’s for acne-prone and oily skin are as follows:
Oil production control – Made with ultimate ingredients, this gel stops the natural oil buildup that is responsible for blemish formation. It prevents clogging and lets the natural skin shedding process work perfectly.
This gel is so light on the skin, other than preventing oil buildup, it also doesn’t leave a sticky residue like other acne prevention gels. This is because of the light watery texture of this product. Other than that, this gel penetrates into the inner skin layers, dissolves debris, and removes impurities and other breakout-causing bacteria. This dries out existing blemishes and stops the formation of new acne while soothing the irritated skin. It also helps in lightening the post-inflammatory acne scars for an even skin tone and soft texture.
This refreshing face wash provides deep cleansing without overdrying your skin. This face wash is an amazing blend of salicylic acid, silver nanoparticles, glycolic acid and tea tree oil. All these ingredients help in regulating oil production, exfoliating the skin, minimizing the appearance of open pores and aiding in healing existing acne. This face wash helps in preventing future flare-ups and shrinks open pores. Proper and regular usage of this product can visibly reduce acne and scars and get you the skin texture you desire.
For better skin rejuvenation and wrinkle-free skin, use these products together.
From Detoxification to rejuvenation
The main ingredient of this scrub is coffee which is known for its revitalizing qualities. It is enriched with antioxidants that energize your skin and gives it a natural glow. Scrubbing regularly can help remove the buildup formed on the outermost layer of the skin due to factors such as pollution, dirt, makeup, natural oils etc. It also induces blood flow on the surface which reduces the presence of dead skin cells and helps in the skin regeneration process. This can do wonders to your skin problems such as scars, breakouts, uneven texture, pigmentation and can help your skin look lively. Other key ingredients in this scrub are cocoa powder, walnut shell particles and glycerine; these are all known as super skin care agents. Above all these qualities, this scrub also reduces tan and improves skin elasticity.